Becoming a successful woman takes a lot of WORK. For the past decade (give or take), you have been studying hard, working long hours, and showing up ready to impress. You have prioritized your work above everything else, letting your relationships, and even your own health slide.
All of this work has been worth it in many ways. You have made it big, and you are paid well for what you do. You’re respected. You’ve made partner. You’re the boss. You now teach and mentor young women in your company. You’re an expert in your field.
You meet deadlines. You prioritize your boss’ goals. You treat your clients like gold. You have taken exquisite care of everyone and everything in your world, except for yourself.
Right now you’re probably saying to yourself, “But, wait, I took a spa vacation last year, usually I eat pretty well, and most weeks I make it to the gym a few times a week.”
Maybe so. But, sadly that’s not enough. You’re visiting this site because you want to find authentic, true love. I believe that true, satisfying love is available to each of you, and Janet Ong Zimmerman, Relationship Coach for Successful Women, is an expert guide who will help you to find that love.
But, I propose that while you’re finding the man of your dreams, that you take the time to nourish yourself as a woman too.
Let me tell you a secret. Your hormone health might be holding you back.
For the past 3 years, after my own crash before that, I have been helping women to get back their energy, passion, libido, and fertility. I also help them to kick their insomnia, get off of the blood sugar rollercoaster, cool their hot flashes, drop the belly fat, and get the glow back in their skin.
How do I do it? I teach them every in and out of their hormone system. Some hormones are incredibly health giving. Get your levels of those delicious hormones of attraction right, and lovers will be attracted to your glow, your energy, and your hot body like moths to a flame.
Do you know which organs run your feminine show? Are you taking tender loving care of your hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenals, thyroid, and ovaries each day as you brush your teeth and commute to work? Do you know what to eat, and what kind of exercise is best for your feminine body? Are you getting 8 high quality hours of beauty sleep?
Are you nourishing yourself by stimulating the hormones of health, connection, and vitality or are you wearing yourself down by constantly revving up your stress hormone levels?
First, assess how you feel…
- Do you wake up with energy, feel great all day, and calm down easily for a restful night sleep?
- Are you resistant to colds and flus when everyone else seems to be catching the latest bug?
- Are you enjoying your life, feel great most days, and now you’re just looking for someone to share it with in order to simply enjoy it more?
If you answered yes, to all of the above, your hormones are probably just fine.
But, if you answered no to any of the above, it’s time to start prioritizing your hormone health as a step on your path to finding authentic love.
Here are a few simple tools to get you started.
- Eat more nourishing food. Notice, I did not say, “Stop eating X,Y, or Z.” You won’t be able to let go of the unhealthy stuff until you nourish your body with the vitamins, minerals, amino acids and hydration that it’s so desperately craving. Did you know that chocolate cravings could be simple magnesium deficiencies? Don’t beat yourself up over your cravings. They are just your body asking for the nourishment it needs. Start to feed it well.
- Find a rejuvenation practice that you can do at least weekly (if not daily). Some things you might try are walking meditation, quiet prayer, a lavender bath, wearing beautiful lingerie, walking barefoot in the sand or in the dirt of the garden, having a kitchen garden to pull herbs from each evening for dinner, a weekly brunch date with your most inspiring friend, or journaling the best thing that happened each day.
Paradoxically, women who are the most giving, often find their best relationships once they learn the art of receiving. Are you ready to receive the tools for self-care and radiant hormone health today?
Jessica Drummond, MPT, CHC is passionate about helping women to optimize their hormone health. Her clients love her expert support and integrative tools. They also love losing their belly fat, getting their glow back, and having great energy and strong bones! She was educated at UVA, Emory University, IIN, Duke Integrative Medicine, and is currently a doctoral student in holistic nutrition at Hawthorn University. Her current Spring Cleanse Program is the perfect jumpstart. A recent cleanser raved, “I lost 6-lbs in 1 week!!!” and “…what a great night’s sleep!” To learn more, click here to sign up for her free newsletter.